In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Event Horizon Q & A

I’m just going to come right out and say it. I like Paul W.S. Anderson. He gets a lot of grief among cinephiles, but I’ve always enjoyed his movies. Last Sunday at The Toronto Underground, I was lucky enough to catch a special screening of the 1997 sci-fi horror flick Event Horizon, for which Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt were in attendance, having just wrapped principle here in town on Resident Evil 5.

Here below, courtesy of YouTube user emaninTdot is the full Q&A. Anderson seems like a very cool guy and just as passionate about his work now, as he was when he burst onto the scene in 1994 with his debut, Shopping.



Coming out of the theatre, my cohorts and I saw Anderson still milling about the lobby. He hadn’t intended to stay and watch the whole movie, but he said he just couldn’t resist.

I think that's pretty awesome.

No comments: